Baselines Christmas   -    Page 4

 

 

 

SECURITY TIPS FOR YOUR HOLIDAYS – issued by Spectrum Intelligence. 

Below are some handy tips to ensure that your holiday is as hassle free as it can be.

  • Do not use your Spectrum ID card instead of your passport.
  • Keep your passport and valuables in something that can be worn around the neck, under your clothes and out of sight.
  • Take a scan of your itinerary, passport, credit cards, travel insurance documents, important phone numbers and keep them separate from the originals, in case of loss or theft.  Leave a copy with Spectrum Security at the nearest base to your destination.  Your Spectrum ID card should also be left with them.  If there is no base close by leave them with your family or Cloudbase Security.
  • Wherever possible, leave passports, travellers cheques and other valuables in a safety deposit box or safe at your hotel.
  • Be aware that when you are travelling in a foreign country, you are subject to the laws of that country.  Do not assume that they are the same as those you are used to at home.   Spectrum personnel must respect the laws and conventions of every member state of the World Government. 
  • If you propose to travel to a non-member state, you must have permission from your commanding officer and provide a detailed itinerary of your intended movements. 
  • If you are detained by the police for any reason, contact Spectrum and report your detention. We will provide assistance.
  • If you lose your passport or valuables, or are robbed, go to the nearest police station and obtain a police report. This will be required for a new passport and most insurance companies require a police report before processing insurance claims.
  • Never carry packages or luggage for another person through Customs at airports, bus depots or across land borders.
  • Never pick up hitchhikers or accept a lift from strangers.  Spectrum personnel are prime targets for kidnap – never mind where in the world you are. 
  • Most of all

Have A Great Holiday! 

 

 

A gentle reminder for all personnel that anyone currently occupying a locker at the Aquatic and Fitness Centre are to resign that locker, if they intend holding onto it for next year.  Over the holiday period, the lockers will be cleaned and maintenance work undertaken, so personnel that do not resign the locker will have it cleared out, and their belongings bagged and held for a 1 month period, then disposed of in the appropriate manner.   Please contact Fitness Admin  Ext: 9635 or A&FC staff to arrange a time to hand over the keys before you leave.

(CRO Retention of Gym and Pool Lockers: Section 5-115.6)

 

 

All junior personnel are required for duty from 1300 Thu 22 Dec  until issued with a permit to proceed on leave (CRO 12/22.3 refers).  In addition to ensuring cabins and communal areas are secured, the aim is to ensure personnel are ready and safe to proceed on leave travel.

 

 

The rota for Senior Duty Officer and Emergency Medical staff over the holiday period will be:

 

22 December

Captain Grey

Doctor Fawn

Nurse Ingram

23 December

Captain Magenta

Doctor Fawn

Nurse Ingram

24 December

Captain Ochre

Doctor Tan

Nurse Waite

25 December

Captain Blue

Doctor Tan

Nurse Han

26 December

Captain Magenta

Doctor Fawn

Nurse Han

27 December

Captain Ochre

Doctor Fawn

Nurse Waite

28 December

Captain Blue

Doctor Tan

Nurse Ingram

29 December

Captain Scarlet

Doctor Tan

Nurse Ingram

30 December

Captain Ochre

Doctor Fawn

Nurse Waite

31 December

Captain Scarlet

Doctor Fawn

Nurse Han

01 January

Captain Magenta

Doctor Tan

Nurse Ingram

 

Captain Scarlet will be on leave from 20-28  December and Captain Grey from 23 December to 02 January.  Apply to the SDO of the day for any authorisations normally issued by these officers.   Melody Angel will be off base from 26 December – 02 January. The Angel Flight rotas have been adjusted accordingly. 

 

 

BACK TO PAGE 3             -            TO PAGE 5

BACK TO  “FAN FICTION ARCHIVES” PAGE

Any comments? Send an E-MAIL to the SPECTRUM HEADQUARTERS site