Baselines Christmas - Page 3

 

 

 

The Official Carol Concert will be in the main lecture theatre from 1600 to 1730.   Tickets are available from the Welfare Office.

 

 

As usual, we are pleased to welcome the Spectrum Ceremonial Band, who are flying up from their London Base to provide us with live music.   This year the band, led by Major Dun, have provided ceremonial welcomes for the British Monarch on a visit to Spectrum: London in April, the World President on his visits to several of Spectrum’s terrestrial bases around the globe and for the Supreme Commander Earth Forces’ visit to Spectrum London in September.   Major Dun tells me that the band consider  the Cloudbase concert as the highlight of their year and everyone is looking forward to meeting the onboard staff. 

 

Senior officers, please note that there  will be a reception for the band members in the conference room from 0900 to 1130.  Afterwards the band will be rehearsing in the lecture theatre, which will be out of bounds to all onboard personnel. 

 

This year, in addition to the official concert, an informal recital of seasonal music and songs will be held on the Promenade Deck between 1830 – 2030 for those personnel who were unable to get tickets for the official event.  Lieutenant Green will make a special guest appearance to present a selection of Caribbean music and carols.  The aim is to encourage all personnel to take a short break and enjoy a relaxing evening in convivial surroundings.  

 

 

 

 

As we all know, this is seen as the official start of the holiday Festivities!   Senior officers will be attending the event in the Amber Room from 2000 until approximately midnight.  Duty officers will be at their posts, but shifts will be of 2 hours duration, rather than 4 to allow each officer to drop by.   Due to the size of the venue admittance is by invitation only for other personnel – Melody Angel will be contacting the lucky winners of the Party Guest Draw in the days leading up to the event. 

 

I am sure we all wish Captain Scarlet a very happy birthday! 

 

 

 

 

 BACK TO PAGE 2           -             TO PAGE 4

BACK TO  “FAN FICTION ARCHIVES” PAGE

Any comments? Send an E-MAIL to the SPECTRUM HEADQUARTERS site