Original series Suitable for all readersAction-oriented/low level of violence

 

 

Revenge of the Mysterons 

 

A “Captain Scarlet & the Mysterons” story

By Zombie

 

 

Part 5

 

 

Scarlet looked in his rear view mirror quickly, and saw Ochre's car tailing them. Just like he had been ordered to. He had to get rid of him, and fast. Only problem was how. He continued driving to the destination he'd been told to go, trying to think of a plan to complete his real mission. A thought entered his head.

"Hey," he said, looking at Blue slightly. "Stick on some music. This trip's getting tedious." Blue smiled slightly, and leant forward to switch on the car radio. He flicked the button, and the radio's speakers blared out some music. It was louder than he'd expected, and he sat back in his chair, about to cover his ears. Suddenly, he felt something hit his jaw. It was Scarlet's fist.

Just as Blue looked over at Scarlet, wondering what the hell he was doing, Scarlet punched him again, this time in the face. Blue reeled back again, and raised his arm, deflecting the next blow. He pushed Scarlet's arm away, and drew his weapon. "Stop the car!" he ordered, but Scarlet just looked at him. "Scarlet, stop the God-damned car!" Scarlet smiled, very slightly. He seemed to want to get a bullet in the chest. "Paul!" Blue yelled, using his first name for the first time in ages.

"I am no longer Paul!" Scarlet replied, still grinning. Blue looked puzzled, then decided enough was enough. He pulled the trigger, sending a bullet into Scarlet's rib cage. The shot impacted perfectly, and sprayed blood against the window next to Scarlet. But Scarlet barely flinched. He looked down at the wound, then back up at Blue. His smile hadn't faded.

 

Ochre saw the bright flash from the car ahead, and realized what had happened. "Shots fired! Shots fired!" he yelled into the radio.

"What?" came Colonel White's shocked voice. "Are you sure?"

"Positive," Ochre answered. "Looked like Blue shot Scarlet!"

"Christ..." White muttered, the remark barely audible to Ochre over the car engine. "Don't let them get away!" he stated.

"That's a roger," Ochre replied, and sped up his car, trying to catch up to the one  containing the World President.

 

Scarlet noticed the tailing car speed up, and his smile vanished. He looked at the shocked Blue again. "I'm sorry, but it looks like it's your stop," he stated, and pushed Blue backwards with amazing strength. Blue's seatbelt snapped, and he was forced into the door, which detached from the car. Blue landed on the road hard, and rolled along it, the car door clattering to the ground just beside him.

Ochre hit down hard on the brakes and opened the passenger door beside Blue. "Get in!" he yelled. Blue picked himself up and jumped into the car. He barely had time to close the door before Ochre slammed on the gas pedal and the car shot forward in pursuit of Scarlet. "What the fuck was that all about?" Ochre asked.

"Scarlet's a Mysteron," Blue replied bluntly. Ochre looked at him for a moment.

"Shit," he muttered. "You shot him, right?" Blue nodded.

"Yeah. But it was strange... it didn't seem to hurt him," he explained.

"Well, we'll try again." Ochre stated, starting to gain on the car.

"Just watch out, the World President's in that car." Blue reminded him. Ochre nodded.

"Trust me," he said. Blue couldn't manage to raise a smile. Instead he went to grab his pistol. It wasn't there.

"Shit!" he cursed. "I dropped my gun." Ochre pulled his pistol out and handed it to him.

"Use mine." he told him, concentrating on catching Scarlet's car. Blue took the weapon, and opened the window. He leant out of it, aiming at the tires to the car. He fired, but the bullets hit the tarmac just beside the target.

 

Scarlet smashed the bloodstained window beside him using his elbow, and pulled out his pistol. He heard the shots being fired at him, and decided that the only way to get rid of his pursuers was to kill them. He looked behind him. The car was still a fair way away. He pulled the handbrake and spun the steering wheel round, spinning the car around to face the other. He slammed on the gas, and headed straight towards the other car, firing out of the window.

One bullet hit the tire, and Ochre's car skidded to the side suddenly, flipping it over and into a ditch. Scarlet spun the car around again and slowly drove up near the wreckage. He could see no movement. He decided he'd better play it safe, and aimed at the gas tank, and fired two shots.

The car suddenly exploded into flames, making a deafening sound as it did. Scarlet watched the flaming wreckage, and still saw no movement. He smiled, realizing that the two agents were now dead. He looked forward at the road ahead, and, with the World President in the back of the car, sped along it, towards his real destination.

 

 

To be continued in Part 6

 

 

BACK TO “FAN FICTION ARCHIVES” PAGE

 

Any comments? Send an E-MAIL to the SPECTRUM HEADQUARTERS site.

 

Read ZOMBIE’stories from other fandoms in the FAN FICTION.NET site.