Baselines    -    Page 3

 

A MESSAGE FOR ALL AUSTRALIAN AND NEW ZEALAND PERSONNEL

 

ANZAC DAY COMMEMORATION

 

Dr Fawn will lead the traditional wreath laying ceremony at the Memorial Cenotaph on 25 April 2068 commencing 1000.

 

Background.  This WW1 battle was fought at the western side of the Gallipoli Peninsular in Turkey on 25 Apr 1915, at great cost to both sides. Turkey suffered huge losses (estimated 86,000 killed) but they were not knocked out of the war.  Of the some 50,000 Australians who fought at Gallipoli, 8,709 were killed and 18,235 wounded. New Zealand losses numbered 701 killed and 4,880 wounded.

 

The ceremony is held to remember the horrors of war - the pain, the discomfort and the fear – and also the courage, determination and above all, good humour.

All personnel are welcome to attend.

 

 

DON'T FORGET

 

FOR THIS WEEK ONLY

 COMMANDING OFFICER’S ROUNDS (ROUTE 1)

Will commence 1000 on TUESDAY when the tour of inspection will include:

Command Centre, Main Conference Room, Officers’ Lounge, Information Centre, Officers’ Accommodation, Restaurant & Promenade Deck.

Personnel are reminded that when the CO is moving around the Establishment they are to pay the proper marks of respect, i.e. stop & salute.

(Cloudbase Regulation 261/68 refers)

 

 

 

 

       HOLY WEEK - EASTER     

MAUNDY Thursday

1930

Mass of the Lord’s Supper

GOOD FRIDAY

1000

Ecumenical Service: Way of the Cross.

Followed by Morning Tea:  Hot Cross Buns and Tea or Coffee.  All Welcome!

SATURDAY

1830

Easter Vigil. Followed by light refreshments.

EASTER SUNDAY

0930

Mass

 

 

 

CChurch Notices:  from the Chaplin.

  • Cloudbase Technician (2nd Class) Irving Bellman and Spectrum: Sydney’s Catering Manager, Jessie Carteret were married on March 24.  So ends a friendship that began in their school days. No, seriously – we wish them well!
  • The catering staff are saving aluminium cans, bottles, and other items to be recycled. Proceeds will be used to cripple children. (Eds. Note:  What a wonderful cause!  Helping crippled children, I mean.)

 

 

 

 

BASELINES   -   PAGE 4

BACK TO  “FAN FICTION ARCHIVES” PAGE

Any comments? Send an E-MAIL to the SPECTRUM HEADQUARTERS site