Original series Suitable for all readers

 

 

A Logical Queston, Given the Circumstances

 

by Pythia

 

 

Disclaimer: neither of these dashing Captains belong to me, worse luck. Russell T Davis created one, and Gerry Anderson the other ...

____________________________________________

 

“Just a routine mission,” the Colonel had told him. It had looked like one too – a simple pick-up somewhere in Wales. Adam had teased him about being sent on milk runs, but Paul had welcomed the idea, relishing the thought of a trip without high explosives, ticking time-bombs or even gunfire for a change.

 

He should have known better.

 

The meeting turned out to be an ambush, although the courier he’d been sent to meet seemed just as surprised as he was when the entire top floor of their rendezvous came crashing down on both of them. Fortunately it was late at night, and they were the only two people in the building – but dying hurt, as usual, and coming back was the inevitable bone cracking, muscle wincing moment or two that made him curse the day he’d become indestructible.

 

The building was, of course, a total wreck. So when the rubble beside him stirred and the body of the courier he’d been sent to meet stood up with a groan, he cursed and reached for his gun.

 

“Tell me, Captain Harkness,” Scarlet asked, wondering if Colonel White had known this might happen. “How long have you been a Mysteron?”

 

THE END

 

 

YOU CAN READ OTHER STORIES BY PYTHIA ON TWISTING THE HELLMOUTH

AND LEAVE A REVIEW TO THE AUTHOR

 

“FAN FICTION ARCHIVES” PAGE

 

Any comments? Send an E-MAIL to the SPECTRUM HEADQUARTERS site

 

END CREDITS CHALLENGE PAGE