Original series Suitable for all readersAction-oriented/low level of violence

 

 

Revenge of the Mysterons 

 

A “Captain Scarlet & the Mysterons” story

By Zombie

 

 

Part 8

  

 

Scarlet woke up slowly, his eyes blurry. He groaned as he sat up, his muscles aching. He looked around to see he was in the Cloudbase infirmary. His head ached, and he couldn’t remember anything. He looked at the door as it suddenly opened, and a doctor walked in, holding a clipboard. “So, you’re awake.” He stated. Scarlet nodded slightly.

“Yeah.” He stated. “Indeed I am.” The doctor smiled, and walked towards him. “What happened to me?” Scarlet asked.

“Your body was taken over by a Mysteron.” The doctor stated bluntly. “It seems, however, that the knock about Captain Blue gave you managed to kill the parasite inside you.”

“What knock about?”

“The one yesterday. As a Mysteron, you kidnapped the World President, and tried to kill him and most of our agents here at Spectrum. Captain Blue stopped you by throwing you through a wall.” Scarlet looked confused. “Don’t worry, the President’s ok. And our casualties were minimal.” Just at that moment, Blue walked into the room. The doctor stopped talking and looked at him.

“Can you give us a minute, doctor?” Blue asked, looking at Scarlet. The doctor nodded, and quickly left the room. Blue walked up beside Scarlet, and sat in the chair beside him. “How are you feeling?” he asked.

“Like I’ve been thrown through a wall, I guess.” Scarlet said, slightly joking. He lay back down on the bed. “Did they remove it?” Blue shook his head.

“No. It’s still attached firmly to your brain stem. Seems if we do remove it, it’ll either paralyse or kill you.” Scarlet sighed. “Sorry.”

“Don’t worry about it. Guess I had it coming.” Scarlet told him.

“It wasn’t your fault.” Blue snapped back, in a friendly way. “What happened over the last few days wasn’t you. It was that thing inside you. You couldn’t control it, it controlled you.”

“But I shouldn’t have gotten infected in the first place.” Scarlet replied. “I should have been quicker.”

“You’re only human.” Blue told him. Scarlet looked up at the ceiling as Blue stood up. Without adding anything else, he turned around and walked towards the exit.

 

The room was dark, and silence filled it. A man sat in a large armchair, looking out of the window, into the night sky. He held a cigar in one hand, and a cell phone in the other. It suddenly went off, and he calmly answered it.

“Yeah.”

“The plan failed. Their leader is alive, and the two Spectrum agents are no longer with us.”

“What do you mean?”

“One is dead, the other regained control of their body somehow.”

“Regained control?”

“Yes.”

“You do realise this is a serious problem, don’t you?”

“Yes.”

“And I’m not a big fan of problems.”

“I know.”

“I think it would be wise to solve this particular problem fast.”

“It shall be done.”

“Good. Make sure it is. Otherwise I’ll have to think of you as a problem. Get my drift?”

“Yes.”

“Ok then. Eliminate the problem, or I eliminate you. Don’t contact me until you achieve your goal.”

“Understood.”

“And make sure I hear from you in the next five days.”

The man hung up the connection, and placed the phone on the table beside him. He took a puff of his cigar, and blew it out. He watched the smoke as it slowly rose towards the ceiling. “This should be interesting.” He said to himself, a grin starting to appear on his face.

 

THE END

 

 

BACK TO “FAN FICTION ARCHIVES” PAGE

 

Any comments? Send an E-MAIL to the SPECTRUM HEADQUARTERS site.

 

Read ZOMBIE’stories from other fandoms in the FAN FICTION.NET site.