Original series Suitable for all readers


Correspondence

by Yarol


Spectrum Archivist note:

These casual messages were found periodically attached to the daily training reports Captain Black would send to Colonel White during the nascent days of Spectrum. Unfortunately none of Colonel White's replies have been found so far.


Charles -

Training is going well.

Still, need to do a study as to why grown men (with documented high intelligence) insist on putting laser pointers up their noses.

Going to tell them tomorrow that the laser pointers have been pre-nosed. That should stop them.

- Conrad


Charles -

Worked for most of the morning, then Indigo remembered he had hand sanitizer.

I suggest we move on to hands on training quickly.

- Conrad


Charles -

Do you remember when I told you I foresaw the putting a former mob boss and a former police chief together as partners will end in two possible results? They will either kill one another? Or get on like a house on fire?

Koala Base is burning to the ground.

Also you or Spectrum owe me the cost of repairs for the damage done to my bike. No, not the Harley. The antique Ducati Monster.

- Conrad


Charles -

Regret to inform you that they found the Still. Had to bust it up and swear to find who made it.

Next time I am hiding it.

- Conrad


Charles -

Yes, I agree; the Christmas Pudding will be rather tame this year.

- Conrad


Charles -

Found out Scarlet had never been on a motorcycle.

Fun day.

Now will need to be careful not to show favoritism.

BTW World Space Patrol sniffing around. Nice to see some old friends, but do you know what that's about?

- Conrad


Charles -

Did you know Grey has an interest in Maritime genealogy? He found out I'm descended from pirates. Quite excited about it, asked me if I knew that during lunch, so everyone heard.

Did you know 19 September is International Talk Like a Pirate day? Indigo is an insufferable prat. Assign him where he can do the least damage. I suggest Antarctica.

They finally stopped when I told them I would keel-haul them on Cloudbase, without protective gear. Back me up on that.

- Conrad


Charles –

Indigo is his nephew? Explains a lot. Africa, then I think. Maybe he'll learn something useful if he has to tend a bar.

- Conrad


Charles –

Have rebuilt the Still. Hidden right under their noses. Christmas Pudding may yet be spectacular when ignited.

- Conrad


Charles –

To cut to the chase: They're ready.

- Conrad



OTHER STORIES BY YAROL

“FAN FICTION ARCHIVES” PAGE

Any comments? Send an E-MAIL to the SPECTRUM HEADQUARTERS site