Original series Suitable for all readers


Running Interference

A ‘Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons’ story

by Shades


Author’s notes: I’ve never been happy with the depiction of Captain Blue in the episode White as Snow. Canonically he’s been in leadership roles before and everything he was doing just screamed ‘busy work’ to me. This is my idea on resolving the discrepancy.



“This is a stupid idea.” Adam crossed his arms, knowing looming wouldn’t work but trying it anyway.

“I know.” Paul was nonplussed, quickly field-stripping his sidearm in the privacy of his quarters in preparation for his unauthorised mission.

“He’s going to tear you a new one, even if this works!” Maybe the change in tactics would work.

A sigh escaped the British officer, one of resignation rather than regret. “I know.”

“Everyone else is going to suspect something’s up when they don’t see you. No one’s going to buy ‘He’s sulking in his room’,” Adam tried, hoping an appeal to logic might work instead.

Paul stopped and gave him a look before returning to deftly reassembling the weapon. “... I don’t sulk.”

“Uh huh.” Despite himself, Adam couldn’t help the smile that twitched at his lips.

Another sigh, as Paul holstered his gun and stood, facing his partner and friend. “Look, Adam, just keep them busy. What you don’t know, you can’t get in trouble for.”


OTHER STORIES FROM SHADES

“FAN FICTION ARCHIVES” PAGE

Any comments? Send an E-MAIL to the SPECTRUM HEADQUARTERS site